[mythtv] Strange scheduler bug

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Mar 8 18:59:51 EST 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:

>> Hmmm, with a watched flag you could change the the auto expire so
>> that watched recordings were a week older than they really are.  That
>> way unwatched recordings could get a priority boost.
>

> I don't get it. When the disks fill up would you want to expire
> things that you watched but didn't delete because, presumably,
> you might want to see part of it again or things that you've
> never watched? What's special about a week? I don't see a reason
> for any mysterious behavior or creeping featurism here.

Exactly.  If I have two recordings, one of which I've not watched that
was recorded on 1/1/2003 and another one that I DID watch that was
recorded on 1/6/2003.  The 1/1/2003 recording would get deleted.  With a
watched flag the 1/6/2003 could be erased instead.

Keep in mind the context of this watched flag, which was mucking around
with the recorded table so that shows would get re-recorded if they were
auto deleted.  My point was that if a show was auto deleted and not
watched then fine rerecord it, but don't start recording every show that
gets auto deleted just because it's been auto deleted that's just silly.