[mythtv] Strange scheduler bug

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Mar 8 15:48:32 EST 2004

David Engel wrote:
> Same here.  I've been meaning to look for myself (or be lazy and just
> ask Chris) what, if anything, is done when a recording is
> auto-expired.  Without having looked at any of the code, I think the
> straight forward thing to do would be to not add an entry to
> oldrecorded until the user explicitly deletes the recording.

It still could always add to oldrecorded as soon as something
records but auto-expired could remove the oldrecorded entry when
something expires. This would probably need to be an option
because some people may see it as they never bothered to watch it
this time so why should they record it again. Others may see it as
I'm out if disk space for now but I haven't seen it so I may want
to watch it the next time.

I normally delete things before they auto-expire but I do some-
times choose re-record for things that I've had laying around
for week just in case I might want to watch it if it comes on
again next year.

--  bjm