[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Keith Bonawitz bonawitz at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 3 14:43:21 EST 2004

> But why would you ever want to reconstruct a program that consists of only
fragments?

Suppose you were watching a baseball game, but during commercials you flip
to MTV, watch a 3-minute music video, and then flip back to the baseball
game.  Halfway through the game, you realize it's getting really good, and
you wish you had recorded it for your friend to see.  Hit record, and wizzo!
it gathers up all the fragments you've seen, stitches them together, and
records the rest of the game for you.

Perhaps it's a little contrived, but I came up with it pretty quickly; maybe
others would have more convincing situations.

--Keith