[mythtv] MythTV BES (Back-end-scaler) support.

ebike at paradise.net.nz ebike at paradise.net.nz
Tue Mar 2 14:13:13 EST 2004

Hi All,

Is there any possibility to have MythTV support VIDIX and thus the various
back-end scalers on graphics cards? I have a matrox G550, and when I use the
xmga-dev driver via a "-vo xmga" parameter call to mplayer, I get better than
15% reduction in CPU use, i.e playing DVD's Video's etc.

Unfortunatly MythTV only supports the xv driver, so I cannot use VIDIX or xmga
when using MythTV which is the most CPU intensive task and could benifit from
the extra 15% CPU reduction.

Any chance of adding VIDIX support as a feature request ..... pretty please ;-)

Thanks.
Bernard Mentink