[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Carl mythtv at carldunham.com
Mon Mar 1 22:07:32 EST 2004

On Monday March 1 2004 17:00, David Engel wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:50:43AM -0500, Carl wrote:
> > I was pretty OK with having to specify the input I wanted to record from.
> > Perhaps the option to choose among any available input should be a
> > per-program option...
>
> First off, you should probably set an input preference like Bruce
> suggested.
Did that, and it helped a lot. Was able to fiddle with recpriority to clean up
the rest.

> Second, I'm open to suggestions on whether or not the scheduler should
> take the recently added channel.visible database column into account.
> A simple approach would be to have the scheduler ignore channels that
> don't have visible set.
Heh, I actually started going through and setting this, until I realized it
wasn't used. I think this makes more sense than setting recpriority to some
large small number, at least aesthetically.

By the way, I think this has been asked before, but is it technically possible
to implement "scan for available channels" in a program like MythTV? With
500+ channels, this would be pretty helpful, especially if it could reduce
the cost of program guide SELECTs, etc...

--
Howard Dean for America
http://www.DeanForAmerica.com