[mythtv] mythfilldatabase failed and also destroyed by schedule!

Craig Rindy developstuff at qwest.net
Sun Jun 6 20:36:21 EDT 2004

Just so others don't think they're going nuts (or just to point out that I'm doing so), DataDirect schedules from zap2it.com are still broken for me.  There's a thread on the users list -- http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/71626 -- that seems to describe the same problem.

When I run mythfilldatabase, every stream from zap2it is 4424 bytes long (length apparently dependent on the channels you've selected), and there is no schedule information.  I unfortunately lost today's and tomorrow's program data, so I'm stuck manually looking up what I want to record and scheduling manual recordings until they fix the error.  Oddly, I can't explain how this works for the lucky people who fixed it by "running it by hand" (I'm assuming that just means running "mythfilldatabase" from the command line).  Did anyone who got it working have to do something like "clean up the channel data"?  If so, could you explain?  I've got two channel "3"s (chanid 1003 and 3003), but they're on two different sources -- this is still okay to have in the database, isn't it?