[mythtv] Mythvideo and UTF8 filenames

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Wed Jun 2 04:57:50 EDT 2004

Xavier Hervy wrote:

> Lutz Mändle wrote:
>
>> mythvideo 0.15.1 seems to have big problems with filenames in UTF-8
>> convention, I have video files with german umlauts in my collection
>> and their names are displayed incorrect in mythvideo, even it is
>> impossible to play them via mplayer.
>>
> Same problem.
> first at all, my /etc/sysconfig/i18n:
> LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
> SUPPORTED="fr_FR.UTF-8:fr_FR:fr"
> SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"
>
> My database is in latin1
>
> When i made in console :
> mysql mytconverg -e "select title from videometadata"
>
> it display : "La Mmoire dans la peau" instead of "La Mémoire dans la
> peau", and mythvideo display "La M moire dans la peau"
> if i correct it in database, then mythvideo display the good title.
>
> an other information, if i made auto imdb, the list of possible movies
> is shown with good characters.
> then the bad conversion should appeared when we store metadata in database.
>
> What can be interesting is to know who have trouble, with which config.
> And if those don't have problem, if they are special characters in
> metadata or not.
>
> xavier

An other information :
in my database, i have "Français" in videocountry, but when i show it
with mysql command, i see "Franais" and in videofilter dialog i can see
"Français".
I i take a look of metadata.cpp, when inserting country in databse i
don't use QString::fromUtf8(), but  for example title  us it.
To resume, i suppose that those have problem with special characters in
metadata don't have with videofilter , andthose don't have trouble with
metadata, have in videofilter ...
How to do in order that all users are happy ?