[mythtv] Mythvideo and UTF8 filenames

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Wed Jun 2 04:11:09 EDT 2004

Lutz Mändle wrote:
> mythvideo 0.15.1 seems to have big problems with filenames in UTF-8 
> convention, I have video files with german umlauts in my collection and 
> their names are displayed incorrect in mythvideo, even it is impossible 
> to play them via mplayer.
Same problem.
first at all, my /etc/sysconfig/i18n:

My database is in latin1

When i made in console :
mysql mytconverg -e "select title from videometadata"

it display : "La Mmoire dans la peau" instead of "La Mémoire dans la 
peau", and mythvideo display "La M moire dans la peau"
if i correct it in database, then mythvideo display the good title.

an other information, if i made auto imdb, the list of possible movies 
is shown with good characters.
then the bad conversion should appeared when we store metadata in database.

What can be interesting is to know who have trouble, with which config.
And if those don't have problem, if they are special characters in 
metadata or not.


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list