[mythtv] MythTV 0.15 Port for FreeBSD

Stacey Son mythdev at son.org
Tue Jun 1 10:09:12 EDT 2004

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>The rest are merged and/or no longer necessary.

That's great.   Thanks, Matt.

>- Several of these have to do with setting the thread stack size; it'd be nice
>  if we could fix that another way instead.

If the large buffers in MpegRecorder::StartRecording() and
TVRec::RequestRingBufferBlock() were allocated on the heap instead of
the stack this would eliminate a couple of these.   I guess the way
linux threads is implemented (thread per process) this is not a
problem.   Each thread has an entire process stack.

>- Regarding patch-videoout_ivtv.cpp, isn't roundf(3) part of C99?  Does it
>  really not exist on FreeBSD?

According to the status page (http://www.freebsd.org/projects/c99/) this
has not been added yet.  Hopefully, roundf() will be added and this
patch will go away as well.

-stacey.