[mythtv] mythtv on PPC machine

ebike at paradise.net.nz ebike at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jul 5 22:46:54 EDT 2004

I am trying to get mythtv working on an Apple Powerbook running Gentoo linux.

After modifing several Makefiles and the config.mak to get rid of refrences
to pentium and altivec (it's a G3 machine) most files compile ok.

However, I seem to have struck a stumbling block in the compile of
RTjpegN.c, it seems there is some assembly in there for x86 machines.

Is mythtv meant to compile across various platforms? Or am I the 1st to
try it for a PPC machine?

Is there a way around this (i.e a C version of this file)? Or use another lib.

Many thanks,
Bernard Mentink