[mythtv] Heads up: AlbumArt visualizer

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 22 12:59:28 EST 2004

Just a heads up.  I'm put the finishing touches on an Album Art visualizer
for MythMusic.  I just have a few things left to test.

It works by reading either a .folder.png (FreeDesktop.org/KDE/GNOME
standard) or a folder.jpg (Windows Media Player) in the folder the current
track is playing from and displaying that in the visualizer box.  I haven't
checked full screen usage and I want to check to see if iTunes uses some
other filename standard and include that as well.  But, I should be able to
post it here later today.

So, if you're interested, start grabbing your album art.  I used a program
for KDE I found here http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/
but I had to compile from source on my RH9 system.

Kevin Kuphal