[mythtv] PATCH - Category, genre and country in mythvideo

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue Feb 24 16:50:14 EST 2004

Thx to reply

thor wrote:

> On Friday 20 February 2004 17:28, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>

>>My patch is clean now. sorry for the previous bad patchs But I'm a
>

> 	This is looking better. :-)
>
> 	Couple of points though: The number in the upper left hand corner
> should have some kind of label attached to it: "Results of this filter"
> or some such thing.

I will do that.

> 	If you arrow down to Save as Default or Done, and then left or right
> arrow (ie. you're on "Save as default" and you want to go right to get
> to "Done") it exits the dialog.

I will search what's wrong.
> 	The filter is currently being applied to Video Manager listings, which
> doesn't seem right (Video Manager is where you do things like set the
> parental level, so you should not be able to filter things away as a
> function of parental level).

I'm not agree with you. filtering  in the video manager allow to select
video where i don't have all information. for example, select all videos
which are category movie and don't have genre. Then I know that I should
grab information from imdb (or fix a bug in the grabber). it's usefull
when you have a lot of videos.
I can probably always save as default when we are in videobrowser
->videofilter.
But don't use the default filter in videomanager (by default all video
are visible)
remove it in the top level menu and remove the parental level in filter
dialog

What do you thing about that ?
> 	It's still not clear to me why you would want this is a top level menu
> item in MythVideo. Go into browser, ah, there's 100 files there, hit
> the filter key, constrain the search, then pop back up to the browser
> with a smaller set of files. That makes more sense to me, although I
> welcome opinions from others ...
>
> - thor

Xavier