[mythtv] New user review, DVB lockups and enhancement requests

Daniel Kleine-Albers dka at kesslerundpartner.biz
Fri Feb 20 07:36:51 EST 2004

Andrew G. Wilson wrote:
> Hi - I've been playing with mythtv on an EPIA M-10k box for a month or
> so now, and I've got a few issues maybe someone can help me with. Mostly
> I've been using it for live TV.
>
> I'm running 2.6.1 and I have a DVB-T card. With the HW Mpg decoder on
> the EPIA enabled, it runs at 40% CPU. This is really nice because under
> windows, it was at 100% and skipping. Way to go!
>

> BUT. Here's where I'm having difficulties. Before I start going into the
> code, maybe someone can help.
>
> - Manual channel input is a pain. Is anyone looking at integrating with
> the DVB scan utility? Shouldn't be too hard, surely? If nobody else
> will, I'll have a go at this if I have time. This would be a big win for
> the UK where freeview is starting to take off.

Hello,

Malcolm and i wrote a little perl script which uses a szap.conf (or
tzap.conf) as source. It basically works like this:

- get basic channel information (eg names and xmltvid) with xmltv
- use the script and let it input the dvb-specific data into the database

You should find the script in the archive of this list - if you don't
find it, send me an email directly and i'll mail it to (i just don't
have it here at this time). Please note that you have to edit the script
to reflect the settings of your local setup.

-----

You can watch a show while it is recording. Simple schedule the
recording and as soon as the recording starts you can open it as a
normal recording. You could also simply press the record button during
livetv.

Hope it helps,
Daniel