[mythtv] Some bugs???

Richard Naninck richard.naninck at home.nl
Sun Feb 15 17:46:41 EST 2004

Hi,

These are my findings of the latest mythtv cvs. Maybe some are not bugs,
maybe some are. I cannot apply patches for these findings, but hopefully
some of you can.

- In the TV / Status window I always see: Started 2003-12-30 04:30. Isn't
this supposed to change to the last time mythfildatabase ran? Like everyday
in my case.
- On the same screen but one line below that I always see: FAILED: XMLTV
returned error code 65280. What does that mean. I didn't find any hit on
this error code and I always get 8 days of data in my EPG. I run
tv_grab_nl --slow --output tmp.xml and then run
mythfilldatabase --update --file 1 -1 tmp.xml. Is there something wrong with
that?

- In the Weather plugin on the 3rd screen, first line it seems that the text
does not wrap to the next line if a picture of a cloud or something is
displayed. In my case the last word of this top line overwrites the same
line in stead od continuing on the next line. Without a picture there is
room for the whole textline and therefore it will not show the error.

- In the EPG by pressing enter on some program with a lot of xml text, this
text pushes the recording options down of my screen. I believe someone is
already working on this?! It should be nice to have this feature fixed.

- In the Search Listings screen of the TV menu: Going for instance to
categories, a window pops up with all the categories there are. Film,
Erotica etc etc. If for instance I select Film, browse the list and then
press escape I would really think this should hop back to the popup window,
but it jumps two levels back the the search listings screen. This may be
done for a reason, but I think it would be better to escape one level at a
time. Sometimes I first want to see Movies, then Erotica and then......

- In the Music plugin, my FF and Rew buttons have never worked. Is this just
me, or is that commonly known and just not fixable?

- Is the Instant Recording ever coming back? I know it was taken out some
months ago because no one seemed to be able to fix the bug in it. Or did the
new instant recording method (the one where pressing record during live tv)
take its place?

- I read in the commits list that the phoneentry patch was applied by Isaac.
Maybe I misread that or it is not fully integrated yet, but I didn't find it
in the cvs of 1 hour ago.

Like I said, just some findings and no demands......

Richard