[mythtv] pre/post-roll and mythweb

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Feb 5 23:31:50 EST 2004

William Powers wrote:
> As I understand it, the way it seems to work is that the global pre-
> and/or post- roll are ignored if the per show pre- and/or post- roll are
> set to a non-zero value.

Absolutely wrong (sorry). Pre-roll seconds are honored leading
up to the scheduled record time even if the scheduled record
time has been modified but adding (or subtracting) Start Early
minutes.

> Other than that, the other important difference to me is that while
> global pre- and post- roll are ignored for back-to-back programs on the
> same channel, per-show pre- and post- roll are treated as part of the
> show itself and will actually force a conflict if they overlap with
> another show time.

The problem is that these are two completely different features
that used to share the same name. No more if this please =).
The per-show schedule changes by minutes should never again be
referred to as -roll time.

--  bjm