[mythtv] Re: Software AC3 decoding when watching TV

Juha Kuikka juha.kuikka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 08:29:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 00:54:41 -0500, Taylor Jacob <rtjacob at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Recording ATSC AC3 will be broken without doing it this way.. Juha said he would

I think the problem with recording AC3 is that in
CorrectStreamNumber() we mandle stream_id's of all audio pids to 0xC0.
This is wrong for AC3 audio and propably breaks it.

> have a MUCH easier time doing subtitles as well so I am completely sold.. Sorry

Well yes, we could save on the trickery. :)

> if I shot from the hip earlier.. Do you have a quick patch that I could make to
> transform.c (since its your code) to make it dump an ATSC AC3 stream?  None of
> ATSC channels ive watched have sound and I am pretty sure tranform just isn't
> putting them in the ringbuffer since its looking for a differnet header than
> PrivateStream..

Please see above.  I think that's the problem.

> The biggest issue right now is really time.. I want to get this code into
> myth-cvs as soon as I can and doing TS recording may not fit at first.. I have
> more than enough on my plate.. Its possible Jesper could do this, but I do not
> set his schedule.. I know both John and I have tons of work to do before this
> whole thing is ready..

I can help.

 - Juha

--
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change.