[mythtv] Re: Software AC3 decoding when watching TV

Tj htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 15 12:22:19 UTC 2004

Hmm.. What's the difference between TS and PS? Do you have any idea what
format my nuv this is?

I got this clip by pressing "R" to record when watching live TV, then
escape to media library/watch recodings, and then stop it. Is this the
right way?

I played the recording using a version of mythTV that always uses
ac3_decoder for audio playback, and I also get no sound, but
a52_decode_frame's reports that buf_size isn't 1024 (the buf size
varies).. a52_decode_frame needs a buf size of 1024 to work (still not
sure why).

I attached another clip http://treblid.dyndns.org/justshootme.nuv if
your're interested (recorded using the same method). The sound should be
in there, but it's just so messed up it can't play or detect it properly...

I can get AC3 sound in liveTV by doing the following (unscientific way):
1) start mythfrontend
2) watch livetv (no sound)
3) esc immediately to main menu
4) watch livetv again (no sound)
5) change to previous channel with AC3 (sounds comes in).

(Of coz the above doesn't work for recorded shows).

Thanks.

Regards.