[mythtv] Freeze in frontend during automatic channel change

huffman at graze.net huffman at graze.net
Wed Aug 25 10:32:33 EDT 2004

    I've seen this problem in both 15.1 and in the latest CVS (more-so in CVS
though).  When a show is scheduled to record and you're watching livetv, the
window pops up and if you just let it count down and then switch channels
automatically, the frontend freezes.  No combination of exit or other keys will
get out of it.  Doing an strace on the mythfrontend process I saw it looping
trying to do a read and there was a hostname of "nohost" being listed over and

    I am running Fedora Core 2 w/ stock kernel, atrpms ivtv and lirc packages.
I was running the mythtv packages from atrpms before I upgraded to CVS.
Frontend and backend are on the same machine and I have one PVR-250 encoder

Any suggestions are appreciated!