[mythtv] libavformat & broken A/V timestamps

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Wed Aug 25 07:14:56 EDT 2004

Damian Ivereigh wrote:

>There appears to be some code in a function called
>convert_timestamp_units() which seems to deal with possible wrapping of
>the mpeg timestamp units by calculating the difference between one
>timestamp and the next. It gets royally confused when the the mpeg
>timestamps effectively change midstream as they would going from one
>channel to another.

There have been some changes in libavformat between 0.15.1 and current
CVS (probably from the recent ffmpeg sync). E.g. last_pkt_stream_pts and
last_pkt_stream_dts have been removed so your patch doesn't compile with
CVS. A cvs diff reveals a couple of changes that seem to have to do with
the timestamping, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is at least part of
what's causing problems.

BTW, I've seen other people claiming that the timestamp fixes committed
to CVS did the trick but I'm still seeing the same errors with insane
timestamps so there's still something fishy going on somewhere... :-(

/JS