[mythtv] green tint on bt8x8 caused by automatic 'adjust' filter

Andrew Mahone andrew.mahone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 03:05:22 EDT 2004

Can you try to figure out when this started happening, (ie, when did
you check it out from CVS, have you been playing with cflags, etc)?
My last build from CVS was 6/30, and there is no visible tint in
recordings since then.  I would also suggest you try disabling the MMX
code (simple to do, look at the filter init function).  It may be that
something about your compiler or cflags has broken the MMX code, which
is probably a bit more fragile than the LUT-based C version.

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:43:37 +0100, Andy McMullan <andy at andymcm.com> wrote:
> I've been having a problem where sometimes recordings have a green tint
> to them. Others have reported the same problem recently (e.g. Chris
> Petersen)
>
> I've tracked down the problem to the automatic use of the 'adjust'
> filter for bt8x8 cards in NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp. If I disable this,
> the problem goes away.
>
> I don't know whether the problem is with the adjust filter itself, or
> the code that invokes it in NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp, but I'd guess the
> former.
>
> I suggest that until the problem is resolved the automatic use of the
> filter is retracted.
>
> My system details are: Fedora Core 1, Athlon 1700+, Hauppauge bt878
> (composite input, PAL).
>
> Andy Mc

Andrew Mahone
andrew DOT mahone AT gmail DOT com