[mythtv] green tint on bt8x8 caused by automatic 'adjust' filter

Andy McMullan andy at andymcm.com
Thu Aug 19 00:43:37 EDT 2004

I've been having a problem where sometimes recordings have a green tint
to them. Others have reported the same problem recently (e.g. Chris

I've tracked down the problem to the automatic use of the 'adjust'
filter for bt8x8 cards in NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp. If I disable this,
the problem goes away.

I don't know whether the problem is with the adjust filter itself, or
the code that invokes it in NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp, but I'd guess the

I suggest that until the problem is resolved the automatic use of the
filter is retracted.

My system details are: Fedora Core 1, Athlon 1700+, Hauppauge bt878
(composite input, PAL).

Andy Mc