[mythtv] Backend Synchronization

Martin Modahl mmodahl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 12:04:15 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been a mythtv user for quite a while, and, having recently
finished my graduate degree, I finally have time to contribute.

I'm wondering about your opinion on the feasibility of adding the
ability for two disconnected backends to synchronize recordings across
a low-bandwidth connection. I'm interested in creating an integrated
solution such that I could schedule recordings on my backend in
Atlanta from a frontend/backend in Germany, and then watch the
recordings in Germany after they have been recorded, transcoded, and
transfered.

I'm looking for, first, your opinion on whether this (possibly
illegal) functionality should be integrated into MythTV and, second,
your opinion on possible approaches for implementing a solution.

Martin