[mythtv] Duplicate frame weirdness with bob deinterlacer

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Sun Aug 15 13:21:26 EDT 2004

Greg Estabrooks wrote:

>    I updated to CVS this afternoon and after turning on bob deinterlacer
> I'm seeing the following when watching all recordings and LiveTV.
>

>  Anyone seen this before?
>
> http://pics.phaze.org/?album=albums/Misc/myth&
>

>  This box is running 2 pvr250's, with the latest Nvidia drivers (61.11)

You must have gotten only part of the patch... what you see is the
fields deinterlaced into top & bottom within the frame... videoout is
supposed to notice that the deint filter is bob and show only the
appropriate half of the frame for each field.

If you're not using videoout_xv, it's not supposed to run bob at all.

-Doug