[mythtv] My epia has got the shakes in latest cvs (viaslice qmatrix related?)

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sun Aug 1 11:39:33 EDT 2004

Darren wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 13:11, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>>Could this be related to the "viaslice qmatrix" threads? Tried reading
>>>them but I hardly have any idea what the technobabble is all about so
>>>I can't be certain it's related.
>>>

>I don't think so as I just completely deleted my mythtv dir and freshly
>checked everything out and built it.
>
>Everything looks about as smooth and clear as it normally does. I have
>seen better with some of Kenneth Aafløy's patches, but it doesn't look
>jerky or not smooth as your reporting.
>
>I tested on my Nehemiah EPIA M 10000.
>(What are you using ?)
>

>>I would like an idea on how to get
>>

>>>back to normal though :-) Could anybody tell me which patches to
>>>revert or which files this is handled in so I could try getting older
>>>versions from CVS?
>>>

>Delete your dir and check everything out again.
>
>I hope this helps,

Well I could not imagine that it would make any difference because I did
do a clean/distclean before compiling and I was right, I just recompiled
from a fresh CVS checkout and the problem remains. The fact that turning
off the via hardware support in the settings makes the problem go away
also suggests that I was right to suspect that particular code. I just
don't know if it has anything to do with some of the problems mentioned
in the "viaslice qmatrix" thread.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Cheers,
-Tako