[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Apr 26 17:36:55 EDT 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Without the Ben's patch this isn't as much of an issue, but it looked
> really stupid to have the shows being displayed when there wasn't one
> highlited.

I guess "stupid" is a matter of perspective. If focus is on a
title, either right or left, using the space for descriptive
information to at least show the info for the first item on the
list is actually pretty smart. You can scroll down the left
column and see the info for the one episode or at least the
most recent episode for each title. This is useful even if the
user is forced to move right before they could take any action.

You've changed this so that now you would have the use right,
left, down, right, left, down, etc. to see each description.

Now, there is this big, empty list box with one item listed.
Instead of telling the user something about that program it says
"There is one recording in this display group". Not only is this
uninformative but it borders on insulting the intelligence of
the user. If you could change this back as Isaac requested,
it would be appreciated.

Also, displaying the recgroup name in the title field with the
large font doesn't seem to be the best. Instead, it would be
useful to always show the current recgroup name in the in the
upper right hand corner of the page (see any proglist page where
it shows the title or search key in this space).

Thanks,

--  bjm