[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

David Shay david at shay.net
Sat Apr 17 22:43:18 EDT 2004

On Saturday 17 April 2004 10:05 pm, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> If I understand things correctly, the idea is to be able to mark
> multiple channels as being "CBS" so the scheduler can work things out
> better, which is a good idea.  However I don't think using the callsign
> column is the way to do it.  If you need to identify a broadcaster then
> add a broadcaster ID field that defaults to being the same as the callsign.

Well, in my recent patch I added a "stationid" column to the channel table,
primarily for use by the internal DataDirect grabber.  How about using this
field as-is for the internal grabber, but for XMLTV grabbers populate this
field with callsign.  Then, make this field available for editing.  The
scheduler could then always use "stationid" rather than callsign, solving
*most* people's issues, I believe... (I'm sure I'm wrong about that, though,
somewhere...)