[mythtv] Use callsign for scheduling

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Apr 17 22:05:18 EDT 2004

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

>On Sunday 18 April 2004 01:54, Brian May wrote:
>

>>However, this only makes sense in countries where users commonly refer
>>to channels by a callsign. In other countries, the callsign
>>essentially becomes a database key that has no direct meaning to the
>>user.
>>

>I'm very confused; I'm I the only one in here that has the callsign of a
>channel show below the channel number in the program guide?

No you're not.  And from the sounds of things you'll either a) not be
able to take advantage using the callsign for scheduling, b) have to
remember which "CBS" is "WBNS" or c) the  "callsign" tag of the osd.xml
file is going to need to change (though to what I have no idea).

If I understand things correctly, the idea is to be able to mark
multiple channels as being "CBS" so the scheduler can work things out
better, which is a good idea.  However I don't think using the callsign
column is the way to do it.  If you need to identify a broadcaster then
add a broadcaster ID field that defaults to being the same as the callsign.