[mythtv] [patch] dvb cam fixes

Anders Hanson anders.hanson at speedo.nu
Thu Apr 15 12:38:43 EDT 2004

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:

>On Thursday 15 April 2004 00:12, Anders Hanson wrote:
>

>>This happens with the regular DVB-C box (ComHem) that i have. Sometimes
>>I get a red box telling me that
>>I don't have persmissions to watch the channel. In this case just change
>>to another channel  and back and
>>everything is OK. This should work with MythTV also.
>>

>So basically it's a broken CAM, won't ComHem supply you with a new CAM?

I don't think this is a broken CAM. I think it is because ComHem is
running  dual layer of encryptions!
The CAM is using conax coding imbedded in viaccess encryption.
The red box of 'No Right' is not a very common experience, I have only
seen a couple of times, maybe
four times in  this year. I  just used it to explain what I think is the
probler solution.

/Anders