[mythtv] Video as time base stopped working on EPIA with recent CVS

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 11 12:34:48 EDT 2004

Henk and Steve,

I should have mentioned that I am not the only EPIA user running this
way, there is a thread on viaarena about this.

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=52109

Steve, maybe you could comment on the NuppelVideoPlayer::VTAVSync Patch
suggested there that is required to stop the frontend getting stuck.

The patch is to remove

if (diverge > MAXDIVERGE)
{
// Audio is way ahead of the video - cut the frame rate
// until it's almost in sync
cerr << "A/V diverged by " << diverge
<< " frames, extending frame to keep audio in sync" << endl;
nexttrigger.tv_usec += (frame_interval * ((int)diverge / MAXDIVERGE));
}

It seems to work nicely.

Regards,

Darren