[mythtv] Video as time base stopped working on EPIA with recent CVS

Darren djsharman at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 11 11:49:04 EDT 2004

Henk and Steve,

Yes I run the frontend as root, in fact the distro I use is a diskless
version of gentoo that I modded myself and that doesn't have anything
other than root.

I have solved the problem I was having, after reading the comments Henk
wrote about process priorities being boosted I removed some "nice"
script commands that I had put in myself when trying to get smooth
video. Now the frontend is working again.

As to whether the video as timebase is actually working for me. I think
it must be, I guess I'm not using the nvidea timebase though as the
video is provided from the northbridge chipset which I think is S3
based. Anyway the reason I think its working is that when I start
viewing a channel, I can see the audio is out of sync and hear it warp
into sync (it sounds quite funny on a music channel). The main thing for
me is that the video is smooth.

I would like to know more about how this mechanism works, so Steve, if
you have some time can you contact me off list to discuss it. Failing
that, can you point me to the significant section of code.

Thanks to both of you for replying,

Regards,

Darren