[mythtv] Frontend dying on aspect ratio change

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Apr 9 14:56:34 EDT 2004

> Just tried it here and got the same results as Chris :-|
>
> This was with current cvs on a 3.0Ghz P4 (Fedora FC 1). If it is a
> race condition, then the type and power of your machine might be
> critical, along with the kernel version etc.
>
> Could you post some more details perhaps ?

Hmm, how very peculiar... Well, I get a seg fault every time now with
that file...

Machine is gentoo, with current packages.  Kernel is 2.6.5-mm (and
previously it was 2.6.4-mm2 ish - I updated just to see if there was a
kernel issue).  Machine is a P4 2.8.  I just recompiled glibc with nptl
to see if that helps, and now it segfaults more frequently, previously
it would sometimes just die with no segfault message...

Actually I don't get any segfault when it plays back in the preview
window, which is peculiar.  I wonder if it is specific to the output
layer in use?  Are you using the Xvmc stuff by any chance?

Actually, the only other thing I haven't thought about is I have the
alsa stuff compiled in.  It's not in use, so very unlikely to be an
issue.  Also the app is compiled with debug settings.

Hmm, can gdb do a line by line output trace to a file so that I can at
least see the last few lines that were executed?

Thanks

Ed W