[mythtv] Totaly unrelated to MythTv sort of

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 13:35:38 EST 2004

Have a look at ffmpeg/ffserver, free software (linux) will do exactly this.

p.s. can I have a chunk of that 15k for telling you this, since you ain't
gonna spend it on software any more?

It'll stream in a variety on formats, most are usable in that old dinosaur -
windows.

The obvious advantage, particularly when it comes to streaming video, is
that you are not locked into the unfortunate proprietary software cycle of
upgrades and more cash, like if using real or wmv etc.

This is assuming you aren't planning to apply and Digital rights Management
(copy protection) to the stream, in which case you will have to look at
proprietary formats.

regards.
Mark.