[mythtv] "global" keys?

henri at qais.com henri at qais.com
Wed Sep 24 08:48:27 EDT 2003

hey,

got everything working, now to make it more like the
replaytv that is sitting next to it... (there are a few
features we have really gotten used to in the past 2 years
of replay ownership)

is there a standard or accepted way to implement "global" keys?

this is what i want to do:

when i hit the "program guide" button on my remote (i'm
using a universal that i programmed to send Tivo signals)
i'd really like to be taken to the "Watch Recorded Shows"
screen regardless of where i am (mythweather, mythmusic,
etc)

also would like to try a few other "global" keys.

looking at the source i wasn't too sure what the cleanest
way to do that would be...

any advice?

thanks

henri