[mythtv] RFC: MythPopupMenu

Thu Sep 18 15:23:33 EDT 2003

> If all myth keyboard actions are defined in such a popup menu, that can
> tailer it to his needs and to suit his remote. It should even be
> possible to control myth with only the cursor keys, a menu key and the
> activation key.

I think this is an excellent idea.  It would be really nice to be able to do *everything* using only a remote control even if you don't have enough buttons.  It would also be useful for helping users work out what *is* possible in a certain screen, rather then having to consult keys.txt or reading the docs thoroughly.

However, it should be an "as well as", not an "instead of".  I suspect that lots of people just use a keyboard and prefer to be able to just press the right keys.

Look forward to seeing it fly