[mythtv] problems with 'xbox hardware' option in cvs

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 14:06:04 EDT 2003

Kirby Vandivort said:
>> Did you select the GentooX option in the setup?  GentooX has a bash
>> script
>
> Do you mean the setup from within mythtv?  If so, I told it that I
> 'had xbox hardware'.  Then, the setup showed an additional circle for
> xbox settings, but when I selected it, nothing happened (ie., the screen
> didn't change, it stayed on the normal settings page, and I could cursor
> around to the other setup circles).  I'm not in front of my xbox right
> now, so I'll investigate the XboxBlinkBin when I get home again.

Oh, then is sounds like it is may be freezing before you can get to it.
As a quick work around you could mv blink to blink.orig and symlink it to
/bin/true or some such.  I'll come up with a better solution tonight.

Once you get into that other setup menu there is an option to select your
distribution, the color you want the LED when recording, and the color for
the rest of the time.

As a side note, after updating to CVS of last night those freezes I was
experiencing seemed to have gone away.

Michael