[mythtv] Re: FileSystem to use for Myth (was Re:Channel chang e sp eed)

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Tue Sep 16 17:05:57 EDT 2003

Note that what I reported is not a problem for mythtv. It may only trash
files which are in the process of writing while (or were in the last
seconds before) the system crash / poweroff. Even in that case, the huge
files are probably not lost completely, but only the last 30 seconds or
so. Even if the files are lost, I don't think it's a huge problem - if
you have a lockup in the middle of a recording, the recording is
probably only half-finished and useless to you anyways, even if the
filessystem didn't lose anyways. I wouldn't want to watch only the first
half of a movie.

In short, I don't see a problem with using XFS for MythTV's recording,
in fact it seems to be ideal.

(Maybe even more so, if the realtime capability is implemented, but I
don't know, how useful that would be for MythTV.)

Ben