[mythtv] I modified mythweb to stream mp3's

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Sep 12 11:01:45 EDT 2003

> I think both would be great additions to Myth, though the second scenario is
> probably easier in the short-term as the remote file transfer framework is
> already there.

actually, what I want out of this is the ability for the backend to
control how the front end (specific front ends) play music...  I could
then write a mythweb module that would let you control the music
playback on any given frontend (or group of frontends) that isn't doing
something else (watching tv)...

That way, the frontend is still playing a specific song, but it's being
told remotely which one to play.  The frontends could also be updated so
that they can learn to become part of a group..   play a song on one,
and the rest follow suit.   Dunno, just brainstorming, I guess.

-Chris