[mythtv] mythbackend/lame crashing

swan-1 at ziplip.com swan-1 at ziplip.com
Thu Sep 11 01:38:45 EDT 2003

Thanks for the input, switching to uncompressed stops mythfrontend
from crashing.

As for what version of things I'm running, I'm using the
precompiled rpm meta-package pointed to from the links page
for Red Hat.  Using apt-get it brings in all the dependencies
and after several hours of compiling seems to give me a
(mostly) working system.  So, I have mythtv 0.11 and Lame
3.93 MMX.

Although I'm an embedded software engineer, and have run
gdb in the past, I just don't have time right now to do much
to track down/debug the issue as I'd have to learn the tools
as well.

There seem to be other issues like so menu response and problems
going into edit mode or jumping around in a video (frontend
locks up giving tones of "rebuffering" messages) that I'll
have to search the archives to see if this is a known probem.
If not, maybe I'll go for cvs and see if that works any
better.

Greg