[mythtv] gentoo install issues

Greg.Froese at Federated.CA Greg.Froese at Federated.CA
Wed Sep 3 08:27:55 EDT 2003

Thanks Isaac.
So I'm a little braindead these days.  I've got a newborn at home so sleep
and concentration are two things I'm a little short on.

mythfrontend starts up fine, and I can configure tons of options, but
there are still a few errors to do with the sound when I try to watch live
tv.

I'm getting /dev/dsp busy errors.  Nobody is using /dev/dsp until I try to
watch live tv, then mythfrontend crashes and gives me that error, and
mythbackend is listed as using /dev/dsp about 12 times.  I did insmod
snd-mixer-oss and snd-pcm-oss as suggested by Oscar, but still have these
problems.

I only had a few minutes to play with it this morning, so I will try again
tonight and see what else I can find out.
thanks for the help.
gf

Isaac Richards <ijr at po.cwru.edu>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org