[mythtv] Compiling tips on Debian Unstable

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sun Oct 12 13:54:11 EDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 12:43:28PM -0700, Ray wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 06:47:04PM -0500, Nathan Poznick wrote:
> > Short answer:  If you're using 0.11, why not just use Matt's excellent
> > Debian packages?
>
> Mainly because he doesn't have Mythvideo packaged

I do actually have mythvideo pretty much packaged; I just haven't uploaded
the packages yet.  I'm currently in the process of moving, and all of that
stuff is packed, so it will be a while.  However, there will be a package.

> I've been compiling Myth manually since 0.6 or so without problems but this
> was with the stable version of Debian.  Unfortunately Mythmusic became
> un-compilable (required dependencies that couldn't easily be installed) on
> the stable version of Debian around 0.8 or 0.10.  The unstable version of
> Debian has many more versions of gcc and the various libs and it's not
> obvious to me which ones are correct for compiling Myth.

The Qt in Debian stable caused me no end of problems mith mythtv anyway.
At any rate, as I said, use the same stuff that I use to build the packages
and you should be fine.

--
 - mdz