[mythtv] What format are the transcoded files in?(was: RE: transcoding mpeg2 -> mpeg2)

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:33:50 EDT 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:52:03 +0000, "Joseph A. Caputo
jcaputo1-at-comcast.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <s9v7hefgnx0t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> > If you want to make divx/xvid or something comaptible
> > with other players, you'll need to try some of the 3rd party utilities
> > like mythencode.  The downside is you won't bve able to play these
> > recordings with myth (unless you use mythvideo)
>
> The only think that works is to have a 0.11 or later Myth w/mythtranscode
> and
> use the nuvexport Perl script.  Unless you have a PVR-x50, in which case
> you
> can use anything you want.

Or you can use the instructions I just posted in the mpeg2->mpeg2 thread
to do it manually.  All that is needed is a way to automatically detect
which parameters to pass to mencoder, and you could easily have an easy
to use solution.  One of the perl scripts out there has code to do this
(maybe it is nuvexport, I dunno, I don't keep up with these things)

.Geoff