[mythtv] Revamping the plugin system.

MaxPower maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Fri Nov 28 12:06:36 EST 2003

thor wrote:

>On Friday 28 November 2003 09:26, MaxPower wrote:
>

>>hum, sorry I understand mtd in place of  mfd ;-)
>>

>	That's ok, the mfd will soon be replacing the (quite buggy) mtd.
>

>>   We can create an new function for plugin CanHalt
>>which return true when it can halt, false otherwise
>>

>	This is a good idea. We would probably want to do the return value as
>an int, representing the number of seconds that the plugin will wait
>before starting something new.

I'm not exactly agree with you canHalt and needStart are two
functionnality differents, I explain
I rip a dvd or I record TV, system can't halt
I encode a dvd (with mfd or i encode .nux file to divx) system can halt,
and restart encoding task later.
In all cases mfd never need to restarts at a specific time
For recording TV, it's different, recording TV must start for the next
record task.
For example, I record TV between 12h and 13h and I programming a record
for 18h to 19h
at time 12h30
plugin that record tv return false for canHalt
but for needStart, it return 18h
When i try to shutdown the mythbox it display a dialog like this
mythbox can't shutdown
plugin record tv : recording terminator3 at fox channel
... (list of plugin that can't shutdown)
[Force shut down] [Cancel]
If you force shut down, mythbox know when it should restart
at time 14h
plugin return true for canHalt and 18h for needStart

When mythbox schutdown, it can ask each plugin with needstart to know
when it should start ( and tell to bios ...)
It's why i think needStart and canhalt should be differents

Xavier

PS: I never use TV in mythtv at this moment (no TV card), then sorry if
plugin that record tv is not the good word. I would like to know if when
i record a tv program, the video file will be present in mythvideo ?