[mythtv] PVR 250 & Linux vs Windows PVRs

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 13 12:39:10 EST 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 22:29, George & Kim Lopez wrote:
> Great info.  I really appreciate the editorial
> review w/regard to MythTV.  So the bozo question
> of the day, what do you mean by an external
> tuner?  Are you talking antenae vs cable TV vs
> Satellite dish or are you talking about the
> receiver for the tuner card?

'External tuner' refers to the set-top box you need if, for instance,
you have digital cable in the US.  There is currently no tuner card on
the market that can tune digital cable, as digital cable
implementations are currently provider-specific.  However, even if you
have digital cable, you *should* still be able to tune channels 1-125
without the set-top box.

-JAC