[mythtv] 4:3 Zoom code changed?

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Nov 12 09:58:08 EST 2003

Perfect sense. I added the code for just that. I'm not right on the
bleeding edge of CVS at the moment so I haven't seen what has been done
to it.

What my code did was assume the image was 16:9 and took a 4:3 chunk out
of the middle which was then scaled up to full screen.

There was a mode called 4:3 which would take an image and stretch to the
full screen. So for a 16:9 image it would just stretch vertically. I
assume this was for 16:9 TVs which would then stretch it out
horizontally. That way you don't waste precious lines.