[mythtv] Possible bug when using override with postroll

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Tue Nov 11 22:51:18 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 03:54:34PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> However, the *roll recordings didn't go as expected. The
> program info for the recording shows the original times rather
> than the effective times. The filename are also based on
> the orig times.

It wasn't clear to me which times to use here and some other places so
I took the conservative route.

> The recordings did start at the preroll times but did not
> end at the negative postroll times I set for testing. Instead,
> they ended at the orig endtime. I added postroll time to another
> show and it too ended at the orig endtime :-(.

Yeah, simple oversight as spotted by Chris.  Sorry.

> Conflict resolution didn't do the right thing when the
> *roll times were set to not overlap...

Could you please explain this further.

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 09:28:57PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> The filename has to match the times in recorded and oldrecorded unless we
> start storing the pre/postroll info in recorded which doesn't make sense.
>
> I'd prefer the filenames and program info displayed when viewing the
> scheduled recordings to be the actual start/stop times (after applying
> pre/postroll).  In order for the filenames to match we'd have to have
> the actual start/stop times in recorded/oldrecorded unless we keep it as
> it is right now and store the original start/stop times along with the
> pre/postroll numbers.

Can't we just use the rec* values when inserting into recorded and
oldrecorded and creating files?

> I'm wondering if it's best to keep startts/endts as the actual start/stop
> times and instead of having recstartts/recendts, have

I think it's six of one and half a dozen of the other -- it depends on
which way you look at it.  If you see a ProgramInfo object as
scheduled recording or recorded program first, orig* makes sense.
However, if you see it as program guide entry first, rec* makes sense.

> Want to have your cake and eat it too huh? :)

You just can't satisfy some people! :)

David
--
David Engel