[mythtv] conflict resolution

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Nov 7 02:16:07 EST 2003

David Engel wrote:
> Yes, I know how recorddups works and believe I have not affected it's
> behavior...

It appears that it has been affected in my environment.

>  I still don't see any difference, and yes, I did try it...

I definitely see a problem in steps 12-14. When "Allow recording
even if duplicate episode" is checked, it still only marks one
showing per episode to record rather than marking all showings
to be recorded.

>>4) From mythfrontend, go to TV->Schedule Recordings->Program
>>Finder. Find "Nova". In the right column press "I". For
>>"Schedule:" choose "Record this program whenever it's shown
>>anywhere". Press Enter.
>

> ...I did this (I wanted to record the Wright Brothers episode anyway).
> There are 3 showings of just this episode coming up in my location.

Perfect. Now, if you turn on recorddups for Nova, do you see
that all three Wright Brothers showings are marked to record
or does it still just mark one of them for recording?

Here is what I see:

                 |     unpatched     |     patched      |
| recorddups off | record 1 showing  | record 1 showing |
| recorddups on  | record 3 showings | record 1 showing!|