[mythtv] help: segmentation fault with DVB-T

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Nov 5 05:37:27 EST 2003

Fixing the top posting...

> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 05:15, Matthew Carnevale wrote:
> >

> >>Thanks for that.  I've added the proper PID for the audio
> channel to the
> >>database.  Still crashes though, but I'm not sure if it has
> anything to
> >>do with the DVB in particular now - I've tried playing some
> of my older
> >>stored recordings and the frontend crashes on those too.
> It plays them
> >>fine in the small preview window but when you press ENTER to start
> >>playing the recording fullscreen, it dies.  Looks like I'll
> need to do
> >>some more digging.
> >>

> >Could you try fixing those font messages, if that won't work get a
> >backtrace as per: http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-20.html#ss20.8
> >
> >Kenneth
>
> One suggestion (unfortunately I don't have the expertise yet to
> contribute this one myself) would be auto pan&scan detection.
>  Stations
> in my area broadcast in 16:9 aspect all the time and just put black
> borders around the 4:3 content, while some widescreen stuff isn't
> 'quite' widescreen so needs to be zoomed.  Maybe mythtv could detect
> these black borders and switch modes automatically.... would
> be useful
> on normal 4:3 TVs.

I added a tidbit that will do the zoom of a 4:3 source broadcast in 16:9
on a 4:3 TV. From keys.txt "W to cycle through 4:3 aspect ratio, 16:9,
and 4:3 Zoom (like pan and scan)"

Not automatic (and maybe you already found it but were just looking for
automatic detection) but does do what you want.

CH