[mythtv] Via EPIA M as a frontend, seperating the databases

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sat Nov 1 19:06:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 19:05, Zagaroth wrote:
> Hello's Everyone.

> -HW decoding on the CLE266

I wouldn't recommend that route, the CLE266 binary driver isn't one of
the best implemented or supported pieces of software around (being very
euphemistic), I never got it playing nicely, it worked, but that's all.
The TV-out isn't as good as the GF4MX's and not nearly comparable to a
dedicated H/W decoder card.

I would recommend a PVR-350, browse the list on details. This card's
support is currently reaching a usable state and is heavily supported
(here and over at ivtv-devel). Isaac dropped CLE266 support (or
development of) recently, so that is a dead end with mythtv and with via
(I don't think they'll work any further on their drivers and xine
version).

Even if the system will only be a frontend the 350 is worth the money.

No, I'm in no way affiliated with Hauppauge, nor do I get money for
advocating that card :-)

Torsten