[mythtv] Re: jerky live tv with latest cvs(5/28)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri May 30 15:00:21 EDT 2003

Mark Chou wrote:
> I mispoke earlier on this.  "Rebuffering" messages occur roughly every
> minute or so.  Also I'm 95% certain that if this jerky live tv issue
> shows up between:
>
> cvs checkout -D "05/27/03 19:00:00 EST" mythtv
> cvs checkout -D "05/28/03 19:00:00 EST" mythtv

The other 5% may well be changes to the video timing checked
in on the 26th. What does the frontend console message say
for "Video timing method" when you start live TV? Do you
see this with "Jitter reduction" checked or unchecked? is
is worse one way or the other? Are you displaying on a TV
or computer monitor? How much idle CPU do you see in "top"
while playing live TV? For testing sake, is it smoother if
you lower your recording resolution for LiveTV?

--  bjm