[mythtv] resampling & mythtranscode

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed May 21 12:50:46 EDT 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003 11:05:21 -0400, "Craig Longman craigl-at-begeek.com
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <sa9nhe32c40t at sneakemail.com> said:
> when you say 'make the transcoding thread do the resampling', i'm not
> sure what you mean.  the _thread_ that was doing it was the resampling
> thread.  so, do you mean the transcoding program (ie, not libmythtv)?
>  if so, then i'm not going to bother even trying.  the whole point of
> using the mythtranscode was that it used ReencodeFile() to do the real
> work.  or do you mean you only want resampling done in
> NuppelVideoPlayer::ReencodeFile()?

Sorry, I kinda disappeared for a while (after all I got mythtranscode
written, and incorporated, and so now mythtv works exactly as i need it
to).  However, the reencoding should be done in Reencode file.
Specifically, it is writen in such a way that you can get raw or encoded
video/audio (even if it is not fully implemented).  Since it is in raw
format, it should not be difficult to reprocess.  I had initially planned
on supporting two-pass encoding, though this has fallen by the wayside as
I dont really have a need for it, but resizing is something that could be
added quite easily (though once again, I'm not sure what the use would
be).  I was never too interested in the audio stuff, but I'd suggest that
anything that is needed get added to ReencodeFile, since that is where
all the work happens.

Just my two bits.
.Geoff
--